Marine Agencies & Programmes Division
Marine Agencies & Programmes
The mission of the Marine Agencies & Programmes Division is to support the development of the Irish seafood sector through delivery of the Seafood development Operational Programmes and collaboration with the marine state agencies.
What is in this section?
- Corporate Governance of the Marine Agencies
- EFF Operational Programme 2007-2013
- EMFF Operational Programme 2014-2020
- Inshore Fisheries Policy
- Sea - Fisheries in Natura 2000 areas
- Fleet policy - information to follow
- Information Notes
- Contact Us
- Useful Links
- Survey on Safety in Irish Fishing Industry
- Independent Appeals Process for Sea Fisheries Points System
- Fish Health
- Aquaculture Policy
The key functions of the Marine Agencies & Programmes Division are:
- Support and monitor activities and operations of the 4 marine state agencies
- Implement the EU Fisheries Operational Programmes and administer the Market Support Framework for sea fisheries
- Progress assessments under the Habitats Directive of inshore fisheries in Natura Sites
Licensing, Monitoring and Enforcement of aquaculture activities are handled by the Aquaculture & Foreshore Management Division.
The Irish Commercial Sea-fishing Network Portal
The Fishingnet Portal is a cross-agency project aimed at bringing together all links to relevant information useful to people involved in the Fishing Industry. www.fishingnet.ie