Under the Nitrates Regulations (S.I. 31 of 2014 ) farmers must not apply more than 170kgs of nitrogen from livestock manure per hectare per year. Compliance with the Nitrates Regulations is one of the Statutory Management Requirements under the Single Payment Scheme.
What is in this Section?
- Nitrates Regulations (SI 31 of 2014) (pdf 914Kb)
- Nitrates Explanatory Handbook for Farmers (pdf 3,002Kb)
- Soil Testing Laboratories - DAFM Procedures re acceptance of soil testing results (doc 29Kb)
- Nitrates Derogation
- Nitrates Records
- Cross Compliance Inspection Forms
- Nitrates Action Programme - Consultation Paper
For additional information, please contact Nitrates at:Nitrates SectionDepartment of Agriculture, Food and the MarineJohnstown Castle Estate Co. Wexford. Y35 PN52. Tel: 053 9163400Fax: 053 9142839Email: firstname.lastname@example.org