Ireland is striving to create a world-class research system that drives innovation and economic success. DAFM plays an important role in this vision for the Agri-Food sector, via the publicly funded agri-food research programmes that are in place. The three primary public good research programmes run by DAFM are the Food Institutional Research Measure (FIRM), and the Research Stimulus Fund (RSF) and the programme of Competitive Forestry Research for Development (COFORD).
Side by side with national research programmes, DAFM also provides the National Contact Point and National Delegate for the EU 7th Framework Research Programme who facilitate increased participation of Irish researchers in first-class, international research.
Directory of Research Programmes
- Food Institutional Research Measure (FIRM)
- Research Stimulus Fund (RSF)
- Programme of Competitive Forestry Research for Development (COFORD)
- EU 7th Framework Programme (FP7)
Call 2013 (FIRM, Stimulus, CoFoRD)
Call 2011 Awards
- Call 2011 Awards (doc 87Kb)
- National Strategy for Science Technology and Innovation
- Agri-Food Strategic Research Agenda's
- Food Research Ireland (pdf 1,845Kb)
- Stimulating Sustainable Agricultural Production through Research & Innovation (pdf 1,173Kb)
- Report of the Research Prioritisation Steering Group (pdf 599Kb)