National Forestry Review Group
Terms of Reference:
Review and update national forest policy goals with reference to:
- the level of afforestation, taking into account its contribution to rural development and employment generation, the funding of the afforestation programme, and the provision of public goods and services, including climate change mitigation
- species composition and structure of the forest estate, taking into account sustainability and competitiveness in wood supply, and the conservation of indigenous biodiversity and tree species
- future roundwood supply and demand and
- its ability to meet national bio-energy targets;
- its ability to meet raw material demand for wood product manufacture (including locally based enterprises).
- investment in forest roads and other infrastructure to mobilise the supply.
- research and development, and innovation in the forestry sector
- standards, guidelines and monitoring.