Other farmers' schemes
You can apply for grants, loans and other support for your farm or business under a variety of schemes operated by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
These cover everything from assisting farm operations (e.g. new buildings) to emerging industries (e.g. bioenergy) and career development (e.g. young farmers and early retirement).
What is in this section?
Explore the list and then follow the instructions to join a scheme.
- Bovine Viral Diarrhoea (BVD)
- Burren Farming for Conservation Programme
- Aid Scheme for Crops damaged by Frost (Jan 2010)
- Fallen animals - Subsidy for TSE Testing
- National beef assurance scheme
- Conservation of Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture
- Bioenergy scheme
- Energy crops & non-food setaside schemes
- Scheme of Production Aid for Dried Fodder
- Sow housing scheme
- Young Farmers Installation Scheme
- Organics scheme
- Scheme for Production Refund for Starch
- Distribution of Intervention Canned Beef to Charitable Organisations