BPS Online 2017
Click here to apply online now
Under EU Regulations, 100% of Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) applicants will be required to apply for their BPS by submitting an online application from 2018. The online application provides many benefits to farmers over a paper application. Ahead of this requirement, the Department has taken steps to increase the number of online applicants in 2017.
The Department is aware that, for a variety of reasons, it can be difficult for individuals to submit their applications online. To assist in completing applications, the Department will be visiting a number of locations around the country over the coming weeks where they will be available to provide one-to-one assistance to farmers in making their applications online and to answer any queries regarding the application process individuals may have.
Officials from the Department will be available to meet with farmers individually and provide assistance in making their BPS application online at the following locations between 2.30 p.m. & 7.30 pm on the following dates:
|Manor West Hotel, Tralee, Co. Kerry||Treacy's West County Hotel, Ennis, Co. Clare||Hotel Ballina,Ballina, Co. Mayo.||Lawlors Hotel,Dungarvan,Co. Waterford.||Riverside Park Hotel, Macroom, Co. Cork|
|Ard Rí House Hotel, Tuam, Co. Galway||Clanree Hotel, Letterkenny,Co. Donegal|
Alternatively, staff in the Department’s offices in Old Abbeyleix Road, Portlaoise, Co. Laois are also available Monday to Friday, from 9.30 to 5.30, to provide assistance to applicants who call into the office.
Officials from the Department will also be available to meet with farmers at our offices in Derryhallagh, Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on the following dates:
May 4, May 5, May 8, May 12, May 15
And our offices in Farnham Street, Cavan on:
May 2, May 3, May 9, May 10, May 11, May 15
A number of these clinics have already been held in Cavan and Drumshanbo, and farmers who have called in have received one-to-one assistance in actually submitting their BPS application online there and then. The feedback from farmers who have attended to date has been very positive.
In addition, assistance on completing an application online is also available by contacting the Department’s Direct Payments Helpdesk on lo-call 0761-064420.
How to videos are also available on the Department’s YouTube channel online. Click here to view our Help Videos
The online application process provides many benefits to farmers over a paper application. These include:
- Less room for error as the system will warn applicants of certain potential errors, e.g. over-claims, breach of percentage thresholds in Greening
- Online applications ensure no vital information is omitted, such as a Parcel Usage, Claimed Area or even signature, all of which can delay processing of paper applications.
- The system allows applicants to accurately map areas and exclusions through the online mapping function.
- Applicants can avail of Preliminary Checks which can help correct certain errors they may have made after submission, but prior to application of penalties.
- Applicants can upload documents electronically to accompany their application e.g. Evidence of Commonage share, or Lease Agreement, which will allow for their application to be processed more quickly.
- Applicants can submit amendments to their application through the online facility.
- Applicants can respond to error letters instantly.
- The system allows applicants to view their entitlements or detailed breakdown of payment details.
- Confirmation of application being submitted. A submitted form can be viewed immediately and printed for your records if required
- All current and previous correspondence between applicants and the Department can be viewed online. Certain correspondence can also be replied to electronically through the online system, speeding up the processing of an applicant’s payment.
Click here to apply online now
Click here for a form to enable an Agricultural Agent to act on your behalf