Freedom of Information (FOI)
The Freedom of Information Act 2014 provides that every person has the following rights:
- The right to obtain access to information held by Public Bodies including Government Departments;
- The right to have personal information held on them corrected or updated where such information is incomplete, incorrect or misleading; and
- The right to be given reasons for decisions taken by public bodies that affect them.
A copy of the full Act can be found here Freedom of Information Act 2014
To make a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2014 you must:
- Submit the request in writing or by email. Be clear enough so that we understand what records are being requested.
- State in your letter that the request is being made under the Freedom of Information Act 2014. Under the new Act 2014 no initial application fee applies.
For your convenience we have prepared a Freedom of Information Request Form which can be found here FOI Application Form (doc 36Kb)
Send your request to:
Freedom of Information Unit, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine,
Grattan Business Centre,
Tel: +353 (57) 869 4327
Fax: +353 (57) 869 4387