The Irish TB Eradication Programme
Venue: The Carlton Airport Hotel, 9th/10th October 2007
Day 1 Tuesday 9th October.
Session 1 Chairman: Mr. Martin Blake, Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer, DAFF
- Welcome and Opening Address
- Mr. Patrick Rogan, Chief Veterinary Officer, DAFF.
- The Experience gained during the ERAD years 1988-1992
- Prof. D. Collins
- Dr. L. Downey, former Director of ERAD.
- M Sheridan, Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer, DAFF.
- Current DAFF Policy, Strategies and Supporting Systems
- Current Eradication Programme
- M.Good, SSVI, DAFF
- Animal Health Computer Systems
- P. Maher, SVI, DAFF and
- T. McTague, VI, DAFF
Session 2 Chairman: Mr. Michael Sheridan, Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer, DAFF
- TB Eradication Expenditure
- A. Robinson, AP, DAFF
- Quality Control of Testing
- A. Duignan, SVI, DAFF
- Pre-movement Testing Evaluated
- T. Clegg, UCD.
- The East Offaly Project
- J. Eves, VI, DAFF
- The Four Area Project
- J. Griffin, SSVI, DAFF
- Irish and UK Science Compared
- Prof S. More, UCD.
Day 2 Wednesday 10th October.
Session 3 Chairman: Ms. Margaret Good, SSVI, DAFF
9.00 - 10.30:
- Diet of Irish Badgers
- G. Cleary, TCD
- Reproduction in Irish Badgers
- L. Stuart, TCD
- Farm Yard Survey
- P. Sleeman, UCC
- Heredity and TB
- M. Bermingham, Teagasc
- TB Epidemiology
- P.Doran, VI, DAFF
- A DVO perspective outlined
- D. Patton, SVI, DAFF
- Ireland's Wildlife Strategy
- J. O'Keeffe, SVI, DAFF
Session 4 Chairman: Mr. Patrick Flanagan, Regional SSVI, DAFF
2.00 - 3.30:
- County Laois 1989-2005
- F. Olea-Popelka, University of Guelph
- Immunology and TB
- E. Gormley, UCD
- An Evaluation of stopped restraints
- Prof. W. Martin, University of Guelph.
- Safety aspects of BCG vaccine
- D. Murphy, UCD
- Vaccination of Badgers: the story so far
- L.Corner. UCD
- The Veterinary Laboratory Service
- J. Egan, SSRO, DAFF and
- E. Costello, SRO, DAFF
5.30-6.00: Discussion and Close