The agriculture and food sectors in Ireland account for:
- 7.0% of GVA at Factor Cost
- 7.7% of employment
- 10.5% of total exports
- A significant proportion (circa 32%) of Net Foreign Earnings from exports.
The Irish Government's commitment to the agri-food sector remains strong. In the Supplementary Estimate for 2012, the Exchequer is providing €1.339 billion for agriculture, fisheries and food and public expenditure will amount to over €2.639 billion when the Department's Vote is combined with EU funding of €1.3 billion. The high proportion of expenditure on local raw material and services as well as the dispersed nature and composition of the sector will ensure that the agri-food sector will play an integral part in the recovery of our economic success and the continued viability of rural and coastal areas.
- Revised Estimates 2013 (xls 111Kb)
- Estimates 2013 (xls 56Kb)
- Revised Estimates Volume 2012 (xls 203Kb)